CASE STUDY: A couple in conflict seek help over money issues.
- For this assignment, you will employ what we have covered in the first 2 lectures to analyze a family case study in order to better understand its applicability in family therapy.
- Read case study on p. 17 – 18 in your Textbook and answer the
- below questions thoughtfully.
- Please explain you answers using examples from the case study and /or.
- 4 sentences for each question is reasonable.
- (see below for image of case study)
- What interactive patterns are observed by the therapist?
- What is the content of Tess and Bob’s session (give examples)?
- Considering the idea of Postmodern Outlook of “reality” what conflicts emerge as a result of Tess and Bob growing up in families with different values about money?
- What was the major change to the family system that resulted in loss of balance?
- Is this family an enabled or disabled system and why, explain you answer?
- Where in the case study does the therapist use “positive psychology”?
- Do gender roles play a part in the family conflict? How so?