Summary of Assessment Method: Social psychology narrated presentation
This piece of coursework provides an opportunity to present and critically evaluate approaches, methodologies and research on a social psychology topic of your choice. You will create a 10-minute narrated presentation. You will need to:
- Select a topic from the list below.
- Carry out a wide range of background reading, starting with the relevant learning materials and supported by the starter references in the assessment resources
- Identify important concepts, approaches, theories, research or contributions that are applicable to that topic.
- Create a presentation that describes and evaluates the strengths and weaknesses in relation to your chosen topic, meeting learning outcomes 2 and 3.
- There are narrated presentation guidelines in assessment resources.
- There are topic and content suggestions in assessment resources.
You should select one of the following topics to critically evaluate:
- Consider and evaluate critical vs experimental approaches to studying attitude towards group thinking.
- Critically evaluate the contribution of attribution theory in understanding abusive behaviour
- Consider and evaluate the contribution of social psychology research to reducing racism in real world applications.