The purpose of this project is to integrate the information from your textbooks as well as presentations included in your course.
Clinton, T., Clark, C., & Straub, J. (2015). The quick-reference guide to counseling teenagers. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books. ISBN: 9780801072352.
McWhirter, J. J., McWhirter, B. T., McWhirter, E. H., & McWhirter, R. J. (2017). At-risk youth: A comprehensive response for counselors, teachers, psychologists, and human service professionals (6th ed.). Belmont, TN: Brooks/Cole Publishing Co. ISBN: 9781305670389.
You will select the following to investigate:
1. Adolescent Risk Topic: Select a topic from the following categories to investigate:
• Juvenile Delinquency and Youth Violence
This paper will require the following sections:
• Individual Characteristics of High Risk Youth
• Legal and Ethical Issues (related to the chosen topic case summary)
• Family Problems Related to At-risk Youth
• School Issues That May Impact At-risk Youth
• Prevention, Intervention, and Treatment Options
The body of your paper is to be a minimum of 10 pages not including the title page, abstract, and reference pages. You will be required to use 10 peer-reviewed journal articles for your paper as well as materials from the course textbooks and presentations. You may also use the Holy Bible, in addition to the 10 required journal articles. Internet sources will not be accepted for this paper.