- Define government, define politics, and describe the relationship between the two.
- Describe the how the presiding officers dominate Texas’ “citizen legislature”.
- Describe how a bill becomes law in the state of Texas.
- Describe how the Constitution of Texas intentionally establishes a relatively weak office of governor, but also how an elected governor can maximize influence over the legislature and elements of the executive branch from this relatively weak position.
- Describe the interaction between the legislative and executive branches of Texas government. Include their primary functions, how they are required to work together, how they can check other, and other ways that they can exert influence over each other.