Your case study has to be in at least 1000 words with the suggested structure constituting the following section heads: Executive Summary, Problem Statement, Alternatives, Conclusion, Implementation and References.
The following questions have to be addressed in your Case Study 3.
- What is the primary barrier to entry in the operating systems market? How does Netscape’s product threaten to remove this barrier?
- What is Microsoft’s pricing and distribution strategy for Internet Explorer? How does this compare to Netscape? Why would Microsoft pursue this pricing strategy?
- Is the internet browser software market a separate relevant product market from the operating system market?
- How does control of the start-up sequence and desktop screen allow Microsoft to leverage internet providers to use Internet Explorer? How effective was this strategy?
- What are some of the ways in which Microsoft’s actions adversely effect competition and innovation? Does this show evidence of harm to consumers?